IFFI goes GREEN
The International Film Festival Innsbruck is taking a step towards sustainable and climate-friendly festival work.
With the support of the Climate Alliance Tirol, the IFFI was certified as Green Event Tirol basic for the first time. This is possible, among other things, because Leokino and Cinematograph have also already taken measures.
What does that mean in concrete terms?
- Leokino and Cinematograph are easily accessible on foot, by bike and by public transport (www.ivb.at). A contingent of festival passes includes an IVB ticket for the duration of the festival.
- Leokino and Cinematograph use reusable containers at the bar and offer local, fair and regional products.
- Leokino and Cinematograph are powered by eco-electricity and the switch to a laser projector in Leokino 1, for example, saves electricity by reducing heat.
- Leokino and Cinematograph are barrier-free accessible.
- During the festival preparations, we pay attention to waste avoidance and consistent waste separation. The flags are designed in such a way that they can be reused for several years, the banners are processed further and, as a matter of principle, the print runs for all products are calculated as tightly as possible.
- The advertising materials (including programme booklets and bags) are produced locally and on certified materials. Our programme booklet, for example, is produced on 100% recycled paper (certified with the Nordic Swan, Blue Angel and EURO-ECO labels) at Steiger Druck in Axams.
- When it comes to guest travel, we rely on arriving and departing by train wherever possible. Our festival hotel Nala also pays attention to its ecological footprint through energy-efficient construction, the use of green electricity, 100% ecologically based cleaning agents and cosmetic products as well as a breakfast menu consisting almost exclusively of regional and/or seasonal organic products.