In order to expand the green service sector and promote green filming, targeted funding for the environment, climate and innovation is needed - an overview.
Environmental awareness and the need and urgency to reduce pollutant emissions are also leading to a long-term rethink in the film industry. And so there are already a wide variety of sustainable approaches that can have an effect on the entire production chain. The Austrian Film Institute has also added the area of ‘Green Producing’ to the requirements for funding through a guideline amendment, FISA awards two additional points in the Cultural Test if a production can be proven to have been certified with the Austrian Ecolabel for ‘Green Producing in Film and Television‘. In addition, from 2022 onwards, the German Federal Government’s Film Subsidies Act will include an obligation to take ecological concerns into account in film production. This clearly shows that the green service sector needs to develop further.
Targeted funding and investments for the environment, climate and innovation are an important part of this further development. In the following, we would like to give you an overview of funding opportunities and other information platforms.
Regional (in German only):
- Subsidies in Tirol: Energie Tirol has set itself the task of providing information about current energy subsidies in Tirol and Austria in the areas of electromobility, renovation and existing buildings as well as new buildings.
- Subsidies for e5-municipalities in Tirol: Numerous subsidies are available for municipalities and regions: from the use of renewable energy sources to the renovation of municipal buildings and to increase sustainable mobility to climate change adaptation.
- Subsidised environmental consultations by the Economic Chamber and the Government of the Province of Tirol: The Economic Chamber and the Government of the Province of Tirol support companies in the commercial sector with subsidised consultations on the following environmental topics, regardless of their company size: Environmental management and sustainability as well as energy efficiency and energy management.
- Government of the Province of Tirol – Department of Economic Development and Funding Transparency: Support is provided for projects that save energy or use renewable energy sources. The funding priorities are defined as follows: solar systems, thermal building renovation, heat pumps, energy saving in companies (heat recovery, heating optimisation, lighting optimisation, etc.), electricity generation in island locations (photovoltaic systems, small hydropower plants, wind power plants, etc.), vehicles with alternative drive systems and electromobility (klima:aktiv mobil), transport bikes.
- Government of the Province of Tirol – Department of Regional Development: The focus is on innovative approaches to sustainable development in Tirol. Funding is provided for projects by committed citizens that focus on voluntary work and encourage people to act responsibly and proactively in the spirit of sustainability and create awareness of this.
- Government of the Province of Tirol – Subsidies from A to Z
- Austrian Energy Agency: The AEA funding database provides an overview of currently available funding in the thematic areas of energy, mobility and research in Austria.
- klimaaktiv (in German only): The climate protection initiative of the Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology shows which measures can be implemented sensibly and with high quality in the areas of construction and renovation, energy saving, use of renewable energies or in mobility. In addition, information on funding within the framework of klimaaktiv, but also references to selected current funding in the energy and mobility sector can be found there.
- Environmental subsidies in Austria (in Geman only) – for businesses, municipalities and private individuals.
- Climate and Energy Fund (in Germand only): With its programmes and initiatives, the Climate and Energy Fund supports the achievement of climate neutrality in Austria. It develops pioneering strategies, concepts and programmes in the areas of energy and mobility transition, climate change and awareness raising.
- Funding for energy management for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) (in German only): The grant funding for the establishment and/or certification of an energy management system in SMEs will run until 2022.
- Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG): The FFG is the national funding agency for business-oriented research and development in Austria.
- E-Control – Financial support for green power plants.